Prestige Holidays is an independent tour operator based in UK.
The operator has traditionally gained its bookings through the travel trade but was keen to secure more direct bookings through strong media relations programme in the consumer press and online.
- Generate regular, on-going coverage in consumer titles by tapping into the news agenda using TV programmes, film releases, events etc as hooks.
- Targeted press releases to promote new destinations/holidays, special offers and incentives.
- Secure large travel pieces on key destinations in national newspapers and magazines through individual press trips.
- Generate additional exposure through targeted promotions and competitions with data capture to enable the operator to grow its direct mail database.
- Regular one to ones with travel editors to “pitch” stories and secure coverage.
More than £4 million pounds worth of coverage in a targeted six months push
- Strong coverage across national newspapers, magazines and in regional media and online equivalents - achieving exposure worth over £4 million over six months.
- 70 direct bookings to Croatia from one piece of editorial in the Sunday Times alone.
- 20 national press trips arranged resulting in extensive coverage and an increase in direct business to featured destinations.
- Four competitions with data capture secured - Times + generated over 50,000 entries and 3,000, data capture opt ins.